My eBay Nightmare, Never Use eBay, Scam Central


I must say eBay is not safe, certainly not as a seller. Why?

I sold an item on eBay, the customer wanted a return and got their money back but I didn't get the item back despite clear corresponding from all sides. A system geared towards customers, fairly, but without mechanisms to protect small sellers.

The money for the returned purchase was taken back out of my PayPal a few days after the customer requested it.

A month or so later, the direct debit I had to set up with eBay at the start, for dubious reasons, tried to pull the same amount of money my PayPal had previously returned, around £150, from my bank account.

Praise my self for refusing an overdraft on the account when I opened it. Without that questionable action, I would have had that money stolen from me.

The eBay system is clearly unsecured and is open to fraudulent actions, the company and our 'trusted' banking organisations will not help to protect regular individuals from crime.

It is best to steer clear of these modern, and sadly therefore, ill-regulated international services.

This ebay scam actually would be a good measure to deter scammer sellers, but I wasn't a scammer.

I attempted to cut all ties with eBay, blocking their links to both my PayPal and my bank account. Here's hoping for the future.

Comments